Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day does signify the unofficial start of summer. More importantly, Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. I, personally, would like to thank our service members, past and present for their personal sacrificies to protect our country and our freedom.

My cousin, Jeremy, is currently serving the U.S. Marine Corps. One of his tours brought him to Washington, DC to serve with Marine One during former President Bush's second term (he's on the right). Jeremy's dad also served on Marine One during the Carter administration.

Marlynn recently blogged about starting a "Gratitude Journal". Each night you write down five things you are grateful for. I am thankful that every night when I go to bed, I will wake up and still be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment